The world of computing and IT extends far and wide – conceptually and geographically – and history is full of amazing accomplishments. From the advent of the World Wide Web at the hands of the brilliant Sir Tim Berners-Lee to the transformative software of Microsoft, our lives are greatly enriched by this technology, from how we shop to how we communicate.
This fast-paced industry offers significant opportunity to those with a robust education. If computing and IT is a source of interest to you, but you’d like to know more, here are five reasons why you should study this globally valued vocation:
- It’s a saturated market and always hungry for new talent: the computing and IT market is one of the fastest growing and most densely populated in the world. It has given rise to some of the most powerful companies and compelling innovators of the ages and it’s always on the hunt for sharp minds. Cutting your teeth on this industry begins with a brilliant and recognised entry level qualification so you can get to grips with the technology essentials native to this environment – think technical IT skills, software design, and information management.
- A lucrative income: while remuneration isn’t the be all and end all, and a career shouldn’t be chosen as a means to an end, being well paid for a job you love is a win-win all round. The computing and IT industry is synonymous with competitive pay from starting salaries right through to top-tier management positions – a great incentive for pursuing an associated qualification.
- Job satisfaction: often we spend more time at work than we do with our friends or family so enjoying the work you do and the company of the people you do it with is so valuable. The good news is that computing and IT has one of the best reputations out there when it comes to job satisfaction.
- Universal application: the prospect of working internationally is a major drawcard for many. To that end, computing and IT is an excellent choice as it is a universally recognised and valued competency that you can take on the road if you choose to do an O.E.
- Earn while you learn: there are many companies willing to offer apprenticeships or paid internships to students who are still completing their study. Flexible, accessible online learning makes life even better as it makes it possible to work days and study evenings.
Understanding, using, getting to grips with and mastering digital tools and technology is essential in today’s business world. Upskill yourself with a flexible online Computing and IT course.