For those of you who would like to step up into a management role or perhaps have some team leadership experience and wish to progress your career – a Certificate in First Line Management can give you the competitive edge.
So what does this certificate cover and how will it improve your skills? Let’s find out:
- Fit study around your lifestyle. eCampus NZ is a wholly online learning platform developed by New Zealand’s leading polytechnics. This means you can fit your study around work, family and lifestyle commitments.
- Become an effective leader. You will learn key leadership skills. This includes how to be a great communicator and listener. Learning how to identify your own leadership style, and the style of those around you, will help you to lead and manage effectively.
- Learn key communication skills. First Line Management can be applied to a range of sectors. But, no matter the industry you are in, you will be expected to liaise with stakeholders. This might include customers, clients, patients, suppliers, councils, unions or shareholders. Through First Line Management training you will learn the skills to engage and communicate effectively.
- Develop the skills to handle conflict. As a manager you will have to deal with conflict at some point in your career. This might include staff or senior management or might mean managing adverse situations that are out of your control – including environmental issues and hostile clients and customers. Through a qualification in First Line Management you will learn successful techniques and strategies for managing difficult circumstances and handling conflict.
- Gain an understanding of the performance review process. If you have staff you will be involved in performance reviews. Through our qualification you will learn about key performance indicators, the review process, training and development and identifying staff resources and abilities.
- Be a leader that is self-aware. Studying First Line Management will help you to become more self-aware, bring a better understanding of your own emotional intelligence and improve self-development and confidence.
- Motivate and inspire your team. Learn how to create a positive and productive work environment. A qualification in First Line Management will give you the skills to motivate your team for success.
- Learn how to manage workflows. Learn how to develop a plan which will help you allocate, manage and evaluate workflows and resources to achieve team and individual objectives.
If you want to learn more about First Line Management visit https://www.ecampusnz.com/business/new-zealand-certificate-business/