Until you have experienced them, it’s easy to be divorced from the reality of the highs and lows that come with being a business owner or manager. There is little that trumps experiencing the real deal, but there is a significant amount of work you can do to get prepared – education is the key.
If business ownership or management is a dream you want to chase but you’re not sure about what benefits a business administration course can offer you, here’s a list of the five reasons why you should go for it:
- Job opportunities aplenty: many qualifications only help you to carve out a very niche career path, whereas business administration opens so many different professional doors.
- A plethora of skills: from learning how to communicate effectively with staff and key stakeholders to contributing to business objectives at project, team, management and organisational levels, the sky’s the limit with business administration. When pursuing this qualification, you’ll enjoy exposure to general management, human resources, strategic management and team leadership skills.
- Transferable skills: building on the above point is the added benefit of your skills being transferable – offering scope to move between different company sizes and sectors. More often than not, our career path is not linear – after all, variety is the spice of life! If you have a very industry specific qualification, it can be challenging to find your feet in roles foreign to you and your experience. The major drawcard with business administration is that it blesses you with skills that can accompany you from industry to industry.
- Develop your interpersonal skills: being a great ‘people person’ is paramount if you are going to perform and excel in a business. The art of communication requires practice, practice, practice and pursuing a business administration qualification will help you to start perfecting this all-important quality.
- You’ll be in demand: it is common knowledge that business administration graduates are a hot commodity. Synonymous with entrepreneurialism, ambition, a great work ethic and progressive and determined thinking, business administration qualifications say a lot about the people who have earned them. In a dog-eat-dog world, standing out from the professional pack is getting harder, but having a desirable point of distinction, like this qualification, offers a competitive advantage.
If you are looking for a new career path in an administrative role, or perhaps you are seeking that next promotion, then the New Zealand Diploma in Business (Administration and Technology) (Level 5) could help you reach up and grab that new opportunity!